ADVANCED LAPPING VEHICLE FOR SEMICONDUCTOR WAFERS
Lapping Suspension Vehicle sets a new standard for all synthetic lapping vehicles. It represents a new generation of high suspension lapping vehicle that offers superior wafer geometry at flow rates up to 50% lower than conventional products.
Please contact our Technical Service Department for usage recommendations specific to your process.
PRODUCT BENEFITS / FEATURES :
- 50% reduction in flow rates compared to competitive products.
- Improved total thickness variation.
- Very high suspension capability.
- Rapid stock removal.
- Excellent lubrication properties. Reduces scratches.
- Environmentally friendly - reduces lapping waste.
- Designed for wafers up to 300mm.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES :
|Refractive Index||:||1.3550 - 1.3750|
|Density – (G/CC)||:||1.00 - 1.03|
|Viscosity Brookfield @ 25℃( cps )||:||42,000 - 47,000|
|pH||:||8.80 - 9.30|
|BOD5 – EPA test method 410.4 (g/g)||:||0.002|
|COD – EPA test method 405.1 (g/g)||0.01|
- Typical properties do not constitute exact specifications
Lapping slurry – starting formula :
When using Lapping Suspension Vehicle on Peter Wolters “high pressure” lapping, the starting slurry formula should be :
|Lapping Suspension Vehicle||4 %|
|D. I. H2O||76 %|
|FUJIMI ABRASIVE||20 %|
Note on Speedfam, Hamai, Fujikoshi machines with “dead weight” pressure the starting slurry formula should be :
|Lapping Suspension Vehicle||0.8 %|
|D. I. H2O||79.2 %|
|FUJIMI ABRASIVE||20.0 %|
TYPICAL MIXING PROCEDURE : ( for Peter Wolters machine )
- Charge 100 liters of de-ionized water into a 200 liters stainless steel dish bottom tank equipped with a 15cm low propeller type mixer.
- Start agitation and set at 400-500 rpm.
- Add 30kg of abrasive slowly into the tank while mixing. ( Charging the abrasive through a metal screen will help to break up lumps. )
- Mix 12 minutes at 400-500 rpm.
- Allow foam to subside.
- Add Lapping Suspension Vehicle.
- Mix 15 minutes at 100-200 rpm.
- Add slurry to lapping machine sump
We recommend the use of COMECLEAN for post lap cleaning. Our Technical Service Department would be happy to discuss alternate cleaners for special applications.
275 U.S. gallon totes, 55 U.S. gallon plastic drums and 6 U.S. gallon U.N. approved plastic pails.
Maintain temperature between 5℃ - 35℃.